Saturday, October 15, 2011

Previous Thoughts.....

October 14, 2011
There are many accounts of people who experienced an emerging new dimension of consciousness as a result of a tragic loss at some point in their lives. Some lost all of their possessions, others their children or spouse, their social position, reputation or physical abilities. In some cases, through disaster or war, they lost all of these simultaneously and found themselves with 'nothing." Whatever they had identified with, whatever gave them their sense of self, had been taken away.  Then suddenly at some point the anguish or intense fear and loss they felt gave way to a sacred sense of Presence, a deep peace and serenity knowing they were connected to eternity. This phenomenon must have been familiar to St. Paul, who used the expression 'the peace of God which passeth all understanding." It is a peace that doesn't seem to make sense, and the people who experience it ask themselves; in the face of this, how can it be that I have come to a place of peace?


The answer is simple, once you realize what ego is and how it works. When what you've identified with, that gave you a sense of joy and completeness collapses or is taken away, it can lead to a collapse of the ego, your identification with your own being. When death approaches or a loved one dies your sense of beingness, of who I am, is freed from its entanglement with physical form. Spirit is released and you realize your essential identity is formless, it is not physical. You recognize the  presence of your soul as well as the soul of the loved one you lost. That's the peace of God. The ultimate truth of who you are is not what I do, what I've got, how I fit into this situation, but rather...... I Am.
-by Eckhart Tolle  (A New Earth)



October 12, 2011
"The things God was teaching me were the opposite of what I had always believed. I had always thought that if I prayed hard and long enough, and with enough people joining me in prayer, God had to see things my way. I believed God didn't want me to experience pain. As I studied the life of Naomi, I understood a deep truth - Naomi was bitter after her sons died, and she was able to admit her honest feelings. She didn't try to cover them up by saying what people wanted to hear. Slowly, I began to learn that God wants to reveal Himself to me in my pain. I began to understand that God has to be enough - that He will help me through pain, and that He won't always deliver me from pain. I am still learning that it's in the pain that I can learn what faith really is."
-from A New Kind Of Normal.... by Carol Kent




October 9, 2011
     The world touts intellectual achievement as being the ultimate, doesn't it? How much schooling have you had? What is your education? How well do you speak? How much have you read? All that is fine, but its not nearly as important as the emotional side.
    People who live by their emotionality are fulfilling their destiny more so than the so-called intellectuals. This is not to downgrade intellectual pursuit, but both sides must rise. When our soul is on the other side of the veil we already have the intellectual knowledge, so travelling to the earth plane is for stretching emotionally. We we are born into this earthly plane we are quickly told, "Don't cry. Don't let your inner child come out."
     Don't let intellectual pursuits deprive you of the journey of your soul.
             -Sylvia Browne (Soul's Perfection)


October 6, 2011
"A person does not have to be behind bars to be a prisoner. People can be prisoners of their own concepts and ideas. They can be slaves to their own selves." -Maharaji




October 5, 2011
What do you see when you look at the sky? Do you see your soul's ability to fly? We are not trapped, we are not bound. We are free to run with the sound. What do you hear?- Author Unknown

Previous TFTD's are archived.













B for that one person or small group of family or friends who allow you to share your  journey with them. There is a person in my life who was able to listen to my wailing cries and handle/share the pain in my soul as well as understand my need to unwrap 'religion in a box'. This is the person who helped save me when I didn't think it was possible. -Marsha
Dark nights of the soul are extended periods of dwelling at the threshold when it seems as if we can no longer trust the very ground we stand on, when there is nothing familiar left to hold onto that can give us comfort. IF in those times we discover the connection we still have with our child, though spiritual in nature, those dark night experiences can open the door to a greater understanding of our soul's journey. This revelation can open a very enlightening spiritual door. -Marsha

**For a list of articles/videos/interviews about the loss of a child
see:  Full List

Please Join us on Facebook
Also check the members only ANJ on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment